Sunday, October 07, 2007

Music and Movies

Music

Van Halen - First 3 records. I, II, Women and Children First. Anybody that says that Van Halen with Sammy Haggar is better than that need to go to music school... The first song I heard from VH was "And the cradle will rock" I had never heard a guitar sound like that before... Then I let the whole record play and started partying shortly thereafter...LOL...

The music is exciting... Fun... Dave Roth playfully shines right along side the guitar riffs... You can see these cat's having a lot of fun in the studio... I have always liked the drums on VH records too... The records are always well produced....

I may not be on the party train anymore... But I can certainly get a little vicarious pleasure by cranking that shit in the car... Rock on guys... Glad you finally let Dave back in...

Movies

Bad Reputation - My kid brought this one home... Didn't think much of it... Till I watched it... Amazing....That has got to be one of the best high school films I have ever seen... Perfect for Halloween too... Forget that weak American Pie crap... This movie is the shit...

Death Proof - As good as Pulp Fiction? Sorry folks...But no...It was entertaining however.. That guy always is... Violent and bloody... Good dialog but a bit to talky really...

0 comments: