Monday, April 28, 2008

Led Zeppelin Live

Been checking out Led Zeppelin Live on VH1 Classic.... Actually I spend a lot of time in front of the tube these days... Lots' of movies and stuff....What's a poor boy do except sing for a rock and roll band you know?

The footage appears to be from the DVD's they released a few years back.... I haven't seen any of this stuff...All I remember is the song remains the same movie I saw back in high school or something...The one with all the silly footage of jimmy page's house and the gangster band manager and the drummers race cars...

This footage is just raw zeppelin on stage playing....AMAZING.... Like totally... The recording is immaculate. And they are right on together... I have hard of the Grateful Dead being in the Cosmo's together in space just jamming yet together...

Not even close to these guys.... I know that a lot of that playing they are doing is not rehearsed... They are simply going into "space" themselves and have cues as to when to end a song.... A lot of it is just straight jamming.... And they do it well... Totally in tune together as to where the other is going...Loud, stopping on a dime, and or just dropping out altogether to let a band mate improvise... Solo...

I'm blown away folks...Good stuff....
Wow, it's great being job hunting.... :D

0 comments: