Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Castle in Muskogee Holloween Festival

The Castle in Muskogee. Finally made a trip over there... We stumbled around in the dark and paid the big bucks to ride the hayride. We didn't do any of the really "scary' stuff... Kids get scared easy.. (And so do I)

Here's a Review:
  • Haunted Hayride - Better than I expected... Nice lighting and some scary moments. Long  slow moving lines however. But once on the trailer it was pretty groovy...The guide with the microphone was a little annoying however...
  • Ultimate Maze -  Great spooky music going on loud in there... Lights and spooky trees and tunnels. Not a lot of actors however...And people in the maze itself were trying to be actors by scaring other visitors.... Hey, if you want to scare people how about applying for a job at the castle? Your efforts to add to the experience wasn't needed.  
  • Pirate Ship - We only sat in on this for about 5 minutes...Which is a review in itself. Perhaps if I had given it a bit more time I would have been more entertained... But the little toy Karaoke stereo they were using as a PA was rather weak. Nice juggling tho.
  • Enchanted Boardwalk - This was much better than I thought it would be. I pictured a bunch of cheesy Wal Mart blow up Halloween decorations...But this spooky walk through the woods and boardwalk with literally TONS of blow up lighted Halloween balloons was indeed...Enchanted...
  • Torture Chamber - I dunno... I guess you get what you pay for. If I had my glasses and a flashlight and the time to read the museum signs that explained the torture machines I would have been more entertained. But I didn't
I plan on taking a visit to the Hex House in Tulsa later in the season with my pretty girlfriend. We need to be scared a little more.

0 comments: