Saturday, November 05, 2005

Free Software Part 1

I am always looking for free software to help me and others have a full toolbox for web design or other tasks... I have heard it said that there is no more free stuff on the web.
Those days are over -

Not true... I am always running into somethig that is pretty cool...

I have raved about Irfanview for years for photo editing and optimization... So many people put up pictures on their sites or bloggs and stuff that are super huge... Or they have been resized using html and look funky... You have to "optimize" images for the web... Ya know I'm always going on about this.... I know you love your dog and he desirves a big space on your website... But if the picture is over 500kb in size and stuff people will not wait around for that image to download... Over 70% of surfers are still on dialup ya know?

Yesterday I discovered an awsmoe web developer toolbar for the firefox browser... If you are not using firefox which is also free then I highly recommend it for surfing the web... It is a very secure browser..

This toolbar has TONS of features to be able to test and see all types of web design aspects... It is really cool... I can't believe I went for years without having it. I love firefox but now with this new addon I'm almost IN love.

FireFox Web Developer Toolbar
Irfanview

0 comments: