Monday, November 28, 2005

Search Engine Optimization

Getting a site with high rankings in the search engines has been a fight for me for a long time... I do the best I can and sometimes I am very successful... Sometimes I'm not. I try to suggest many of the same techniches for all of the folks I design for but I am still waiting for many of my sites to get a good position... And, it's frustrating when I don't ever get there...

I use many of the techniques suggested at this SEO forum thread.

Here is my own short list:
  • Meta Tags
  • Keywords in title, headers and text
  • Links (Backlinks)
  • Clean Code
  • Site Map (text links)
  • Limited Flash
  • Keywords in ALT tags of images
  • Submit your site to directories
  • Anchor Text in links to and from other sites... (Free Web Design) Keywords
  • Content and more content.. The more the better...
I'm sure there are plenty of people who disagree... People fight all the time on those fourms ya know? It's lile the wild wild west...

0 comments: