Tuesday, September 18, 2007

New Box

It's my Birthday Sat... I had some cash in my paypal so I decided to buy myself a cheap backup computer and set up a little network...It's always good to have 2 so that you can trouble shoot one or the other... And, networking is fun and good for sharing hardware and files.

E-Machine, Celron 3.3, 512 Ram, 120gig HD, DVD RW, $250. The only problem is the memory. It has Vista pre installed and 512 is really the min requirements. It seems strange they would sell a box with that little of memory with Vista... When I fired her up she was running at a slow crawl... That's to be expected... I did some tweaking to the settings and it's actually running pretty good. Unbeatable price... Ya dig?

The networking is not working. Plugged straight into the router and got on the net right away.. No problem.. But I can't seem to set up a home network with my other machine. The router I bought used for $15. The password to get into the router has been changed by the original owner and I can't seem to reset it to factory defaults...

Oh the computer struggles... I hate computers... :)
Looks like more memory and a new router will be in order later...

0 comments: